Divorce Sanity / Co-Parenting
Specialized Skills for Divorced and Divorcing Parents
[Meets Requirements of Texas Family Code Section 105.009 "Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course "]
Research suggests that the divorce is not the cause of children’s problems. The risk of problems increase when children are drawn into their parent’s conflict, lose contact with a parent, and/or experience significant environmental changes.
This is a four hour educational workshop. It is designed to provide parents with the information and skills needed to minimize the impact of divorce on their children and maximize their parenting skills in their life long parenting relationship. The Workshop takes no position on divorce being good or bad. Divorces occur and the potential damage to children can be prevented. The Workshop is educational and participants should not expect to receive legal advice or counseling in this workshop.
By the end of the workshop, Parents will know the importance of and learn some techniques to:
- Avoid/Resolve parental conflict without involving their children;
- Provide for free and frequent access to both parents; and
- Create child environments that are consistent, predictable and structured.
Counseling Center of Lewisville
326 Edmonds Lane, Suite 103
Lewisville, Texas 75067
Current Workshop Dates and Times
Friday, June 14, 2013 1:00- 5:00 PM
Friday, August 9, 2013 1:00- 5:00 PM
$50 per person
1. Click Here to Register On-line and pay with a Credit Card;
2. Send Money Order by mail. Print out the flier (link at the bottom of this page). Detach panel and mail with payment to our administrative office:
CCD Counseling P.A. 1512 Scripture St Denton, TX 76201
- Pre-registration is required.
- No child-care is provided.
- Workshops start on time.
- Divorcing couples do not have to attend together.
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
|Shelly Turner, MEd, LPC||940-382-5328 x28|
Shelly works with individuals, couples, and families of any age in our Denton and Lewisville office. Just a few of her practice areas include
For more information about Shelly, please visit her complete bio.
Space is limited, so REGISTER EARLY!