The Family Connection Program provides free (Funded by the state of Texas, TDFPS-STAR) short-term services for at-risk youth and their families. Services are provided in our Wise County office (If you are looking for services in Denton or Dallas Counties, see the Family Tree Program.)
Families are usually eligible if the youth is under 18 years old, and meets one of the following criteria
- the youth has run away
- the youth has been truant
- the youth has been delinquent
- there is family conflict.
Services to eligible families may include any or all of the following services:
- brief family counseling
- parenting skills groups
- youth skills groups
- multi-family skills groups
- Crisis Intervention counseling – The crisis line (800- 568-7776) is staffed at night, weekends and holidays for families in crisis (child out of the home or family has experienced a recent traumatic event). Important: If there is current danger or an emergency, do not call the hotline. Call 911.
To schedule an intake appointment or to get more information: