Denton Anger Management Groups
For: Adults who would like to reduce the negative outcomes of their anger, particularly when those outcomes have included the involvement of law enforcement or other legal actions.
Disclaimer: This is not a batterers treatment group.
Structure: This is an “open” group, where participants may start the group at the next session.
Goals: By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
1. learn about their personal anger style and how it leads to problematic anger.
2. learn to recognize distorted thinking patterns that promote problematic anger and the relationships between thoughts, feelings, and behavior.
3. learn immediate avoidance, escape, and problem-solving strategies to de-escalate and disarm the physiological arousal associated with anger.
4. practice new communication styles to more accurately express their own thoughts and feelings.
5. develop a relapse prevention plan tailored to their own high-risk anger-provoking situations and share them with their group for feedback.
6. practice their relapse prevention plans to reduce recidivism when applicable.
Location: Counseling Center of Denton.
Length: Eight classes (Total 12 hours).
Fee: $ 30/ per class.
********** NOTE: Two Different Groups – Pick One! **********
Day and Time: Saturday Mornings, 8:30 am to 10:00 am.
Enrollment: Contact Von to join the Saturday Group.
|Von Eaglin, M.Ed, LPC||940-382-5328 x30|
Von works with individuals, couples, teenagers, and families age 10 and older in our Denton office. Just a few of his practice areas include
For more information about Von, please visit his complete bio.
Day and Time: Wednesday Evening, 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
Enrollment: Contact Mark to join the Wednesday Group.
|Mark Dittloff, LPC, LSOT||940-382-5328 x19|
Mark works with individuals, couples, and families age 3 and older in our Denton office. Just a few of his practice areas include
For more information about Mark, please visit his complete bio.