Lewisville Adult Anger Management Group
For: Adults who would like to reduce the negative outcomes of their anger, particularly when those outcomes have included the involvement of law enforcement or other legal actions.
Disclaimer: This is not a batterers treatment group.
Structure: This is an “open” group, where participants may start the group at the next session.
Goals: By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
1. learn about their personal anger style and how it leads to problematic anger.
2. learn to recognize distorted thinking patterns that promote problematic anger and the relationships between thoughts, feelings, and behavior.
3. learn immediate avoidance, escape, and problem-solving strategies to de-escalate and disarm the physiological arousal associated with anger.
4. practice new communication styles to more accurately express their own thoughts and feelings.
5. develop a relapse prevention plan tailored to their own high-risk anger-provoking situations and share them with their group for feedback.
6. practice their relapse prevention plans to reduce recidivism when applicable.
Location: Counseling Center of Lewisville
Length: Eight classes (Total 12 hours).
Fee: $ 30/ per class.
Day and Time: Thursday Evening, 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
Enrollment: Contact Allen to join the Thursday Group.
|Allen DeSalme, MDiv, MA, MEd, LPC-S||972-353-9404 x22|
Allen works with individuals, couples, and families aged 9 to 100 in our Farmers Branch and Lewisville offices. His interest areas include