[officers-table shortnames=”melissabeard” positiontitle=”Therapist” officertitle=”Phone” contactform=”http://ccdcounseling.com/contact/”]
Individual, Couples and Family Counseling
Client Age: 11 and older
Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology (MA)
Sam Houston State University
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Certification: \”Question, Persuade and Refer\” (QPR)
Instructor (Suicide Prevention)
(in no particular order)
1. Coping with anxiety and depression.
2. Suicide prevention and education.
3. Training QPR (Question Persuade and Refer) Gatekeepers to identify and intervene with people who are feeling suicidal.
4. Managing self-injurious impulses and behaviors.
5. Coping with body image issues and managing eating disordered behaviors.
6. GLBT Questioning clients – orientation and coming out.
7. GLBT Couples Counseling
8. Surviving Teenagehood (Parents and Teens)
9. Teenage Pregnancy/Parenting
Most Frequently Recommended Reading for Clients:
- Do One Thing Different: Ten Simple Ways to Change Your Life, by Bill O’Hanlon
- Bodily Harm: The Breakthrough Healing Program For Self-Injurers, by Karen Conterio, Wendy Lader, and Jennifer Kingson Bloom
- Tuesdays With Morrie, by Mitch Albom